By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every suitable specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- AQA: Wars and Welfare: Britain in Transition, 1906-1957
- OCR: Britain 1900-1951
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
Drawing considerably at the concepts and phrases of Catholic writers and cultural commentators, Villis sheds new gentle on spiritual id and political extremism in early twentieth-century Britain. The publication constitutes a entire research of how within which British Catholic groups reacted to fascism either at domestic and overseas.
The tale of the reign of Charles I - during the lives of his humans. Prize-winning historian David Cressy mines the widest diversity of archival and revealed resources, together with ballads, sermons, speeches, letters, diaries, petitions, proclamations, and the lawsuits of secular and ecclesiastical courts, to discover the aspirations and expectancies not just of the king and his fans, but in addition the unruly energies of lots of his topics, displaying how royal authority was once constituted, in peace and in battle - and the way it all started to crumble.
This essential introductory advisor deals scholars a few hugely centred chapters on key topics in recovery historical past. every one addresses a middle query with regards to the interval 1660-1714, and makes use of creative and literary assets – in addition to extra conventional texts of political background – to demonstrate and light up arguments.
This account, following on from Unicorns - The heritage of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry 1794- 1899, covers the Regiment’s battle carrier among 1900 and 1945. throughout the Boer conflict the SRY shaped a part of the 1st volunteer unit to determine energetic carrier out of the country battling the Boer Commandos as cavalry. For its function within the ill-fated 1915 Gallipoli crusade, the Regiment used to be offered the King’s color after which fought Allenby’s effective crusade opposed to the Turks.
- The Black Death in London
- The Politics of Gender in Victorian Britain
- The Crabchurch Conspiracy 1645: The true story of Dorset's bloodiest secret
- Whores and Highwaymen: Crime and Justice in the Eighteenth-Century Metropolis
- British Soldiers of the Korean War: In their own Words
- Surgeons at War: Medical Arrangements for the Treatment of the Sick and Wounded in the British Army during the late 18th and 19th Centuries (Contributions to the Study of Religion,)
Extra resources for Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition by Michael Lynch