By Caroline B. Brettell
Read or Download Anthropology and Migration: Essays on Transnationalism, Ethnicity, and Identity PDF
Best anthropology books
The essays within the publication examine circumstances of cooperation in a variety of ethnographic, archaeological and evolutionary settings. Cooperation is tested in events of industry trade, neighborhood and long-distance reciprocity, hierarchical family members, universal estate and commons entry, and cooperatives. now not all of those analyses express reliable and long term result of profitable cooperation.
English middle, Hindi Heartland examines Delhi’s postcolonial literary world—its associations, prizes, publishers, writers, and translators, and the cultural geographies of key neighborhoods—in mild of colonial histories and the globalization of English. Rashmi Sadana locations across the world famous authors corresponding to Salman Rushdie, Anita Desai, Vikram Seth, and Aravind Adiga within the context of debates inside India in regards to the politics of language and along different writers, together with ok.
Our Landless Patria examines problems with race and citizenship in Puerto Rico, tracing how the method of land privatization sped up a sequence of struggles for ordinary assets among the poorest sectors of society and the landed elite. The legislation of privatization favorite the landed elite and barred former slaves and their descendants from acquiring a proper identify to a bit of land.
Migrant ladies remodeling Citizenship develops crucial insights in regards to the suggestion of transnational citizenship by way of the existence tales of expert and trained migrant girls from Turkey in Germany and Britain. It interweaves and develops theories of citizenship, id and tradition with the lived stories of an immigrant team that has to this point got inadequate recognition.
- Textual Exposures: Photography in Twentieth Century Latin American Narrative Fiction (Latin American and Caribbean Studies)
- From Race to Ethnicity: Interpreting Japanese American Experiences in Hawaii (Race and Ethnicity in Hawaii)
- Random Acts of Culture: Reclaiming Art and Community in the 21st Century
- Historias de Éxito within Mexican Communities: Silenced Voices
- Border Citizens: The Making of Indians, Mexicans, and Anglos in Arizona
- Arbeitsrecht in Schweden: Praxisleitfaden für Arbeitgeber und Personalverantwortliche in der nordeuropäischen Konsenskultur (German Edition)
Additional resources for Anthropology and Migration: Essays on Transnationalism, Ethnicity, and Identity
Anthropology and Migration: Essays on Transnationalism, Ethnicity, and Identity by Caroline B. Brettell