By Peter Leese
Read Online or Download Britain Since 1945: Aspects of Identity PDF
Best uk history books
Drawing considerably at the strategies and phrases of Catholic writers and cultural commentators, Villis sheds new gentle on non secular id and political extremism in early twentieth-century Britain. The e-book constitutes a finished learn of how during which British Catholic groups reacted to fascism either at domestic and overseas.
The tale of the reign of Charles I - in the course of the lives of his humans. Prize-winning historian David Cressy mines the widest variety of archival and published resources, together with ballads, sermons, speeches, letters, diaries, petitions, proclamations, and the lawsuits of secular and ecclesiastical courts, to discover the aspirations and expectancies not just of the king and his fans, but additionally the unruly energies of a lot of his matters, exhibiting how royal authority was once constituted, in peace and in struggle - and the way it all started to disintegrate.
This imperative introductory consultant bargains scholars a few hugely concentrated chapters on key issues in recovery heritage. each one addresses a middle query when it comes to the interval 1660-1714, and makes use of creative and literary assets – in addition to extra conventional texts of political heritage – to demonstrate and light up arguments.
This account, following on from Unicorns - The historical past of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry 1794- 1899, covers the Regiment’s warfare provider among 1900 and 1945. through the Boer conflict the SRY shaped a part of the 1st volunteer unit to determine energetic provider abroad battling the Boer Commandos as cavalry. For its position within the ill-fated 1915 Gallipoli crusade, the Regiment used to be provided the King’s color after which fought Allenby’s successful crusade opposed to the Turks.
- The Brussels and North Atlantic Treaties, 1947-1949: Documents on British Policy Overseas, Series I, Volume X (Whitehall Histories)
- The Shaping of Modern Britain: Identity, Industry and Empire 1780 - 1914
- The Idea of Greater Britain: Empire and the Future of World Order, 1860-1900
- The Invergordon Mutiny: A Narrative History of the Last Great Mutiny in the Royal Navy and How It Forced Britain off the Gold Standard in 1931: Volume ... Editions: Military and Naval History)
- Barbed Wire Diplomacy: Britain, Germany, and the Politics of Prisoners of War 1939-1945
- The First Crash: Lessons from the South Sea Bubble
Extra info for Britain Since 1945: Aspects of Identity
Britain Since 1945: Aspects of Identity by Peter Leese