By Dietrich Bonhoeffer,David McI. Gracie
Read or Download Meditating on the Word PDF
Best protestantism books
From a old standpoint, similarities one of the Lutheran church buildings in Denmark, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden are simply understood. yet those formerly homogeneous northern societies, equipped on a Lutheran culture with shut ties among church and kingdom, are actually thought of to be one of the such a lot secular on the earth, in addition to being impacted through a starting to be presence of alternative religions.
Walther's Hymnal: Church Hymnbook is the 1st of its sort: an English translation of the 1st legitimate hymnal of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. This used to be the hymnal that C. F. W. Walther edited and used, and that supplied Christians during the LCMS a standard adventure in the course of the Church's early years in the US, within the related manner that Lutheran provider publication presents a typical event for us this day.
As an African American who used to be a senior pastor in either white and black church buildings among 1966 and 1974, Edward Wimberly encountered disgrace because the feeling of being unloved and being unlovable basically whilst his parishioners and counselees skilled a lack of a family member. Grief used to be the dominant mental type for conversing approximately loss in these days, and the sensation of disgrace of being deserted and leading to emotions of being unloved have been defined as transitority.
In those inspiring and available meditations, John Alexander offers a theologically wealthy and biblically grounded trip via introduction, Christmastide, and the 1st days of Epiphanytide. according to the eucharistic lectionary of The Episcopal Church, Father Alexander takes the reader into the guts of Advent’s specialize in “last issues” after which the Incarnation of Jesus Christ.
- Formation of the African Methodist Episcopal Church in the Nineteenth Century: Rhetoric of Identification (Black Religion/Womanist Thought/Social Justice)
- American Protestants and the Debate over the Vietnam War: Evil was Loose in the World
- Life in God: John Calvin, Practical Formation, and the Future of Protestant Theology
- The Oxford History of Anglicanism, Volume IV: Global Western Anglicanism, c. 1910-present
- Fire in the Carolinas: The Revival Legacy of G. B. Cashwell and A. B. Crumpler
- Visions of Heaven: 4 Stories of People Who Have Seen the After-Life
Extra info for Meditating on the Word
Meditating on the Word by Dietrich Bonhoeffer,David McI. Gracie